A breakfast, snack, or a super fun and festive dessert with… superfoods? Yes. That is right – I got you covered to kick off your 4th right! Did I mention SUPER healthy too? Enter this super easy and festive recipe. You can “make ahead” so the flavors and textures really hold together too.
If you are like me you take advantage of a fun day like the 4th and you pack it all in. This means we will be on our beach cruisers, headed to the beach, then joining friends for a BBQ, and then wrapping up the night with the fireworks in the evening.
So you see… I need fuel and I want to fit in a healthy meal while I can. This holiday (4th of July) is after all meant to be fun and full of tasty eats all day long.
This could not be any easier and will be done in 5 mins. My favorite part though is throwing in some chia seeds to not only pack in some super foods but to make the recipe have a “sparkle! Get it? For the 4th…”sparkle?”
I always use the freshest produce (thank you farmers market) so use fresh and organic when possible. For this you can use blueberries, raspberries (I used raspberries this time), strawberries, or even pomegranate seeds. The choice is yours.
Healthy, kid-friendly, figure-friendly, super food-friendly, festive…and delicious!
- Can make ahead to let the flavors and textures come together and this is even easier for you.
- Rinse the fruit only when you are ready to use it.
- You can add in other fruits but I went with blueberries and raspberries.
- chia seeds can be found at almost any store now and I use them all the time. They add the “sparkle!”
- Add in your favorite granola (I love KIND), cereal, nuts, and seeds are all great for a topping too.
- You can make 2 large parfaits or 4 small.
- A dollop of fresh whipped cream would be an excellent call on this yummy parfait.
2 Parfaits (or 4 small)
- 2 6 oz. cartons of Greek yogurt, or can use a non-dairy yogurt like a coconut or soy yogurt
- 1 tb of chia seeds
- 1 few dashes of cinnamon
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder, I use vanilla
- 1 cup of fresh organic blueberries, rinse when ready to use
- 1 cup of fresh organic raspberries OR strawberries, rinse when ready to use
- 1/3 cup of KIND Healthy Grain Granola for topping – great crunch factor
- whipped cream – (optional)
- In a big bowl mix in the yogurt and vanilla protein powder. Stir well. Now add in the tbs of chia seeds. Add a few dashes of cinnamon and now mix all of this together.
- Take 2 large parfait glasses (or 4 small) and put a layer of the yogurt mixture in the bottom.
- Next add in blueberries and raspberries (or fruit of choice). (I try to layer them pretty but they disappear sometimes!). Repeat with another layer of the yogurt mixture. Add more fruit and repeat this process until it is full to the top.
- For the top; use more fruit to make the topping – try to make it look pretty.
- Sprinkle more chia seeds over, 1/3 cup granola, and one more dust of cinnamon.
- If using whipped cream – add now! Enjoy.
Healthy, kid-friendly, figure-friendly, festive…and delicious!